Our School Mission Statement:
We aim for excellence, with God,
at the centre of all that
we think, do and say.
We acknowledge our responsibility to support parents in their task of nurturing their children towards human wholeness within a Christian community.
We shall do our best to:
- Be consistent with the values expressed in the Mission Statement.
- Provide a friendly welcome to your child and a secure, stimulating, Christian environment in which to learn.
- Ensure that each pupil is aware of the entitlement of each member of the community to respect, love and encourage each child to take care of others around them and their surroundings.
- Encourage each child to value their own achievements and those of their peers.
- Encourage the development of each child’s personality and capabilities and encourage spiritual and moral growth.
- Provide a sound and balanced education which, based on the National Curriculum, promotes the intellectual, physical and personal development of each pupil.
- Ensure high quality teaching with careful planning and regular monitoring and assessment.
- Challenge your child to strive for the highest standard of personal, social and intellectual development.
- Maintain a safe environment which promotes learning.
- Keep parents well informed about school policies and activities through regular letters and newsletters.
- Provide you with opportunities to talk to teachers and send home an annual report of your child’s progress.
- Promote equal opportunities for all, taking into account ethnicity, gender, age, culture, social circumstances, capability and special educational needs.
- Inform you of any concerns regarding your child’s behaviour, work or health and contact you if there is a problem with your child’s health or punctuality
We acknowledge that we as parents are the primary educators of our children and have an irreplaceable role to play in supporting our children’s learning at school.
We shall do our best to:
- Ensure that my child attends school everyday, on time and in school uniform.
- Support school policies and ensure that high standards of behaviour and manners are kept.
- Support my child in homework and other learning activities and give my child opportunities for home learning.
- Inform the school of any concerns or problems that may affect my child’s health, progress or behaviour.
- Support my child’s growth in faith by living out the commitment made on entry to the school.
- Be realistic about my child’s abilities, offering encouragement and praise and talk to my child about their experiences in school and encourage them to do their best.
- Encourage my child to show kindness and consideration to others and to be responsible at school.
- Notify the school of any absences on the day of absence or confirm in writing once my child returns to school.
- Try to take an active part in school life. Attend parents/carers evenings and any discussions about my child’s progress
I acknowledge the different and unique talents which God has given me and my responsibility to use them wisely.
I will try to:-
- attend school regularly and on time;
- wear the school uniform and bring all the equipment I need every day;
- take good care of all school equipment and help keep our school free from litter;
- learn something new each lesson and always do my best;
- share my feelings honestly and politely and show consideration for others in school;
- behave sensibly so we can be happy and safe as we learn;
- think for myself and take responsibility for my actions;
- observe all school rules and treat everyone with the respect they deserve.
Click HERE to download a copy of the parent declaration